Terms and conditions of use of BT Visual Help
Version in force starting with 09.05.2022
1. BT Visual Help and acceptance of platform use
These terms and conditions valid for the BT Visual Help platform (hereinafter referred to as the "Terms") constitute a legal contract concluded between Banca Transilvania S.A. (hereinafter referred to as "The Bank" or "BT"), a credit institution established in Romania, with its registered office in Cluj-Napoca, 30-36 Calea Dorobaţilor Street, Cluj County, registered with the Trade Register under no. J12/4155/1993, unique CODE RO 5022670 you, as a user of the BT Visual Help platform (hereinafter referred to as the "platform").
We recommend that you read the full these Terms before deciding whether to accept them, as well as the Information Note on the processing of personal data within BT Visual Help.
If you do not agree with any of the provisions of the Terms or the Information Note on the processing of personal data within the platform, please do not access or use it.
If, at any time after accessing the platform, you decide that you no longer agree to these Terms or to the use within the platform of your personal data by the Banca Transilvania operator as mentioned in the Information Note on the processing of personal data within BT Visual Help, you can no longer use the platform. In this case, you can request that the call be picked up by a Call Center agent.
These terms are completed with the General Business Conditions of BT applicable to Individuals and Legal Entities, a document available on the website of Banca Transilvania.
In order to become a "user" of the platform, respectively to have the possibility to view the available options and / or benefit from the services present within the BT Visual Help platform, it is necessary to be a natural or legal person client of Banca Transilvania, respectively to have at least one current account opened and a card issued by Banca Transilvania
Banca Transilvania makes every effort against the misuse of this platform and its facilities. Banca Transilvania will monitor your use of the platform to ensure that it complies with these Terms and that the services are not used in an abusive manner.
2. What is BT Visual Help?
BT Visual Help is a digital platform, accessible by phone call to the contact numbers of Banca Transilvania: directly: 0264 308 000 or to 0264 308 028 (callable from any network, including international),or *8028 (callable from any national network, fixed or mobile),dedicated to BT customers, natural and legal persons, through the use of which the following actions can be performed:
- changing the daily transaction limits of the cards;
- temporary or permanent blocking of cards (including initiating card reissue requests, in the case of cards that they permanently block from the platform).
- view the menu of accounts and transactions
- view and download list OF IBANS
- request a statement of account
- obtaining information about the #bankingdeacasă
- registration request to contest a transaction made with the card
- garnishment option view
Using this platform, the client, a mobile phone owner and with internet access, can perform these actions himself, without waiting for the call to be taken over by a Call Center agent.
3. How do you access BT Visual Help?
- Calling the bank's contact number
Call the contact number of the Bank mentioned in item 2 and choose to use BT Visual Help by pressing the key about which you will be informed. When pressing the key the call will be terminated.
- Receiving SMS to access the Visual Help BT platform
After the call is over, you will receive an SMS on the phone number used, containing a link to the BT Visual Help platform. The first step will be to expose and accept the Terms and Conditions of Use and the Information Note on the processing of personal data. Please read these documents carefully. You will have to accept the Terms and express your options regarding your identification / authentication within the platform by ticking the dedicated boxes in order to follow the necessary steps in order to use the services offered within the platform.
- Registration and identification of the user
In order to be able to use the BT Visual Help platform, it is necessary for the user to be identified as a customer of the bank, natural person, account holder, respectively legal representative of the legal person client holding a BT account. For this purpose, it is necessary to provide: the personal identification number to identify the above qualities and, in addition, the CUI, if you want to use the platform for corporate clients.
- If, based on the phone number from which the call is made and the PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER, Banca Transilvania will identify and authenticate the user in the system or as an account holder, he will be able to perform the actions available within the platform.
- If, based on the phone number from which the call is made, the CNP and the company's CUI, Banca Transilvania will identify and authenticate the user in the system or that being the legal representative of the company, he will be able to perform the actions available within the platform.
- If the user has not been identified in the bank's system based on the information used for the purpose of identification, he will be informed about this fact and will be given the opportunity to get in touch with a Call Center agent to perform the desired actions.
4. What can you do in BT Visual Help?
Through the BT Visual Help platform, users will be able to set trading limits on cards issued by the bank, as well as temporarily block or permanently block cards. In continuation of the action of permanently blocking the card, a user can request, from the BT Visual Help platform, its reissue, a request based on which he will receive, in the chosen BT unit, a new card, which will replace the one permanently blocked.
A. Blocation of the cards temporarily or permanently and request the reissue of the permanently blocked cards
The user is given the possibility to block any card issued on the accounts opened with BT in his name, as an account holder, natural person. In the case of legal entities, only the legal representative is the user who is given the possibility to block any card issued on the company's accounts opened with BT. Also, for the permanently blocked cards in the platform, the platform user can initiate the request for reissue of the card.
Temporary card blocking – will allow the user to temporarily block the card.
Temporary blocking means the action that changes the status of a card resulting in its temporary restriction. A temporarily blocked card can be unlocked in one of the following ways:
- directly from the BT24 Internet/Mobile Banking app;
- by calling the BT Call Center service, or
- in any BT unit.
Permanent blocking of the card – the user can permanently block the card.
Once the operation is confirmed, the user will no longer be able to use / unlock it, being necessary to request a new card at any time in the BT units or directly from the platform (only if the user chooses to request this, as a continuation of the card blocking action).
Permanent locking means the action that changes the status of a card, resulting in its cancellation. The permanently blocked card can no longer be used or unlocked, requiring a new card to be requested.
Reissue of the card – will allow the user to request a new card, which he will pick up from the chosen BT unit, which replaces the card permanently blocked through the platform. The reissue fee is displayed to the user at the time of taking over the request, who has the option either to complete the reissue or to waive if he does not agree to the cost associated with the re-issuance (in which case he can access the card list or the main menu).
The card reissue request is available on the Visual Help BT platform only if it is initiated by the user in continuation of the action of permanently blocking the card. Based on this request, the user will receive a new card in the chosen BT unit, which will replace the permanently blocked one.
If, after the permanent blocking of the card from the platform, the user does not choose to submit the request for reissue of the card (that a continuation of the blocking action), this request will not be available later in the platform, for the respective card (permanently blocked). In this case, the user can request a new card that replaces the card permanently blocked by phone by calling the Call Center service or in BT units.
B. Change the daily transaction limits for cards
The user is given the possibility to modify the daily trading limits related to the cards issued on the accounts held with BT, as an account holder, a natural person. In the case of legal entities, only the legal representative of the company is the user who is given the possibility to modify the daily trading limits related to the cards issued on the company's accounts held at BT.
The modification of the trading limits can be made in the sense of increasing or decreasing the ceilings, for transactions at ATM, POS, Internet or the number of daily transactions.
Transaction limits – the user will be able to set daily limits, in a maximum amount set by the bank per card type, for a period defined by the user, but without exceeding 90 (ninety) days. The transaction limits that can be set through the BT Visual Help platform can be updated, by adding or withdrawing some options, the presented list is not exhaustive and is not limited to: number of transactions, cash withdrawal from ATM, card payments in stores, pay online with CVV, pay online without CVV.
Each card issued by Banca Transilvania has the following types of daily trading limits, as follows:
- Number of card transactions
As standard, cards dedicated to individuals are issued with a daily limit of 30 transactions, which includes the total number of transactions made with the card, regardless of their type (cash withdrawals, card payments in stores, online payments with and without CVV). Cards dedicated to legal entities are issued as standard without a maximum limit on the number of transactions.
- Limit internet trading in a secure environment (with CVV)
As standard, cards dedicated to individuals are issued with a daily limit of 5000 RON, respectively 1500 EUR and refer to the value of payments on the Internet, within which the security code called CVV / CVC is checked.
As standard, cards dedicated to legal entities are issued with a daily limit of 5000 RON / 2000 USD / 1500 EUR and refer to the value of payments on the Internet, within which the security code called CVV / CVC is checked.
- Limit internet trading in the unsecured environment (without CVV)
For security reasons, as standard, cards dedicated to individuals are issued with a daily limit of 0 (zero) RON / EUR and refer to the value of payments on the Internet, within which the security code called CVV / CVC is not verified.
For security reasons, as standard, cards dedicated to individuals are issued with a daily limit of 0 (zero) RON / EUR and refer to the value of payments on the Internet, within which the security code called CVV / CVC is not verified.
- Card payment limit in stores
It refers to the value of card transactions made at merchant POS.
- Cash withdrawal limit from ATM/POS bank
It refers to the value of cash withdrawal transactions, made with the card at the ATM or at a bank POS.
C. View the Accounts and Transactions menu
The user is given the opportunity to access a menu of accounts and transactions where he will view the following details about his own BT accounts:
- account details: Account name, currency, IBAN, balance, number of STAR points for credit card accounts included in the STAR BT loyalty program;
- history of the last 3 days of transactions on the accounts - all the amounts entered / removed from the account will be displayed with: transaction date, details, reference, currency);
- viewing transactions in installments for credit card accounts (merchant name, reference number, transaction date, monthly installment value, number of payment installments, currency, total transactions in installments);
- viewing the blocked amounts (total and detailed) from: card transactions pending settlement, overdue, garnishment, receipts with problems (amount, currency, details, blocked date, expiration date of the blocked amount);
- viewing the amounts of payment transactions in installments with the credit card;
- viewing the current payment obligations (minimum turnover, maximum turnover, deposited amount, due date, number of delays.
D. View and download the list of your IBAN's IBANs
The user is given the option to view and download to the phone or a document .pdf that contains the list of his IBANs.
E. Receive the statement of account on the email address declared in the relationship with the bank
The user is given the option to request and receive on the email address declared in relation to the bank the statement of account, both for the current account(s) and for the credit card account(s).
F. Get useful information for #bankingdeacasa:
The user is given the possibility to:
- directing to the online platform for updating the contact details in the relationship with Banca Transilvania, both forthe individual user and for the user who is a legal person;
- targeting the Internet & Mobile banking platform, NEO BT;
- directing to the section of the bank's website with the benefits of the BT Pay application - for the individual user;
- directing both to the section of the bank's website with the latest news related to SME grants,and to the online application section for credit: for the user who is a legal person;
- targeting the online apply to credit section for the individual user.
G. Request to appeal a card transaction
The user is given the opportunity to register his request to contest a transaction made with the card for one of the following reasons:
At the ATM:
a) the atm has not released the requested amount
b) the atm has partially released the requested amount
when paying by card in stores and online/ POS and Ecommerce:
a) The payment has been doubled
b) The amount was debited, but the payment was not made successfully
c) The payment was made in another way
d) Unblocked warranty
The user is informed about the maximum term of solving a request for appeal (maximum 50 days) and that, for the communications subsequent to the registration of the request and its resolution, only the contact details registered in relation to the bank (phone and/or email declared in the relationship with the bank) will be used. At the same time, the user is aware of the fee collection, in case of unfavorable settlement of a refusal to pay: 9 RON / contested transaction or the equivalent of EUR / USD for cards in foreign currency, as stated in the brochure of fees and commissions.
H. View the garnishment option
The user (natural or legal person) has the possibility to check whether or not he has active garnishments established on his account(s) or, for the legal representative, on the company's accounts.
Only for the individual client there is also the option to request the unblocking of a garnished amount, if there are active garnishments on the accounts.
5. Statements and warranties
By accepting these terms, you represent and warrant the following:
- you undertake to notify BT immediately, without undue delay, when you notice the absence, theft, misappropriation or unauthorized use of your login data (CNP and mobile phone number declared in the records of Banca Transilvania for individuals, respectively CNP legal representative of the company, mobile phone number of the legal representative declared in the records of Transilvania Bank, CUI company for legal entities);
- you agree to notify BT immediately, without undue delay, in the same way of any other security breach in relation to the platform of which you are aware;
- that you have the right, authority and full exercise capacity to access and use the Platform;
- that you are the holder of the bank account / card in the case of individuals, respectively the legal representative of the company for the legal entities for which you access the platform
- that you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and keeping secure of the data entered in the BT Visual Help platform. Moreover, you are responsible for activities of any kind that take place in the platform, on your cards;
- you undertake to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your data or of any security breach of which you become aware or which you should reasonably suspect. However, regardless of this notice, we will not be liable for any losses you may incur as a result of unauthorized use of your data (regardless of whether such use occurs with or without your knowledge);
- that you will not falsify or misrepresent information about your identity or intentions in relation to anything related to the platform;
- that you will not transmit, distribute or provide any information or material that is in whole or in part illegal, false, fraudulent or inappropriate, offensive or that violates public order and morality;
- that you will ensure and maintain the physical and logical security of your phone, as recommended by the manufacturer and best practices;
- that you will not violate any right provided by law, proprietary rights, intangible rights, the right to privacy or the personal data of others;
- that you will not use the content of the platform to resell, distribute or use the services offered;
- by ticking the appropriate boxes, you confirm that you have read these Terms, that you agree with them and, respectively, with the processing of personal data mentioned in the Information Note on the processing of personal data within BT Visual Help, in order to use the platform;
- by using the platform you will not violate any law or regulation of the country in which you reside, you being solely responsible for compliance with all applicable local laws and regulations;
- you have been informed that BT may suspend the use of login data in cases where it suspects that its security has been compromised or that there is an unauthorised or fraudulent use.
6. Discontinuing or modifying BT Visual Help
The termination of the use of the platform by the user may occur in the following situations:
- at the user's initiative, if he refuses to access / give up accessing the platform and requests the taking over of the call initiated to the Call Center, by an agent;
- at the bank's initiative, if it is found that the user does not comply with the rules of an adequate conduct that may cause damage of any kind to the bank, as well as these Terms;
- terminates the business relationship between the Client and the Bank.
The bank may also suspend or modify the use of the platform immediately, for any reason, including when it requires repair or maintenance work. The bank may add new functions within the platform and, at the same time, is not required to offer any specific function/option through the platform.
The bank may withdraw the platform, but in this case it will give users a notice of at least 30 days, unless the withdrawal of the platform is imposed on us with immediate effect by a legal provision or by the authorities.
It is possible to amend the present Terms and/or Information Note on the processing of personal data within BT Visual Help, following that the updated version of them will be published on the bank's website. About any changes, users will be notified when calling BT Visual Help. If the changes made will not meet your requirements, please stop using the platform. If, after the launch of the platform, additional options made available will be implemented, these options will be subject to the same rules and conditions contained in the presence of the clauses, if they will not benefit from conditions distinct from the presences.
7. Intellectual Property
The user expressly declares that he is aware that all graphic creation, platform content and audio-video materials accessed are the property of the Bank. Except for information, graphics belonging to other entities, which are the property of partners.
The user accepts that any software used in connection with the services offered through the platform contains confidential and proprietary information, being protected by the laws on intellectual, industrial and other applicable laws.
The user undertakes not to reproduce, copy, sell or exploit the services, information and/or audio-video materials to which he has access as a result of using this platform, in part or in full.
The user is prohibited from modifying, copying, renting, assigning, lending, selling, distributing or creating derivative materials based on the services or programs used within the platform.
8. What we are not responsible for
We provide BT Visual Help only for your personal use or, as the case may be, of the legal person you represent. You will give the acceptance that the platform will not be delivered without errors or continuously, that some imperfections will not be corrected at the time of their appearance.
The user of the platform is solely responsible for the use of the platform, even if it is used by third parties, regardless of the reason that generated their use of the platform. Banca Transilvania cannot be held responsible for the effects generated by the use of the platform by the user or third parties, by the costs generated by the use of the platform or by the access of third parties to certain personal and / or confidential information or personal data through the platform. In order to limit potential damages brought by the use of the platform by third parties, Banca Transilvania recommends that you do not disclose your personal data to other persons.
Banca Transilvania cannot control the operating system of the phone used by you. Thus, Banca Transilvania is not responsible for any damages caused to the mobile phone, including but not limited to any security breach caused by viruses, errors, deceptions, falsification, omission, interruption, malfunction, delay in operations or transmissions, computer lines or network failure or any other technical failure produced as a result of using the platform.
Thus, we will not be liable for any loss or damage that we or you have not been able to foresee within reasonable limits on the date you started using BT Visual Help or that is not under our control.
We will also not be responsible for:
- any loss or damage (moral or proprietary) due to non-compliance with these Terms;
- any loss or damage that you could have avoided by being careful or taking reasonable action; or any loss or corruption of your content or other data if such loss or corruption is not caused by us or is not under our control within the limits of reasonableness. We also inform you that Banca Transilvania is not liable to you and/or to third parties for any direct or indirect damages including, but not limited to, loss of profit, unrealized gains and/or failure to frustrate business opportunities or any other similar losses suffered by you as a result of the lack of use of the platform or the improper quality of the platform.
9. Governing Law
The terms and conditions of use of the BT Visual Help platform, as set forth herein, are governed and interpreted in accordance with the law of Romanian.
In case of a conflict /misunderstandings related to the use of the platform, we will try to resolve the respective conflict amicably, the negotiations in this regard being governed by good faith.
All disputes will be settled in the competent courts of the municipality of Cluj-Napoca, except in cases where the legislation in force specifies another exclusive jurisdiction.
If you have any problem with the operation of the BT Visual Help platform, you can contact us at the email@example.com email address or at the phone numbers:
*8028 Callable from any national network, fixed or mobile
0264 30 8028 Callable from any network, including international
11. Force Majeure and fortuitous case
Banca Transilvania is not liable to the user for the failure to fulfill any obligation in case of force majeure/ fortuitous case and generally in the case of an event that is beyond its control, as well as for the operation and connection of other national or foreign networks and for their activities and actions in general.
The case of force majeure/fortuitous case can be, for example but not limiting: state of war (whether declared or not), armed conflict, revolution, insurrection, military or terrorist actions or threats, sabotage, civil disturbances, strikes or other actions in the labor market, laws, regulations, decisions or directives, 7 natural disasters, earthquake, fire, explosion, solar or meteorological disturbances, public emergencies or any other occurrence that is beyond its control.