Safety in BT applications
the only banking and payments super-app in Romania, comes with a series of safety features for over 1.7 million users, such as:
When you use the app:
- Download BT Pay only from the official App Store and Google Play Store and use only the official versions on your phone;
- Set a security measure: password, PIN, pattern, fingerprint, facial recognition, etc.
- Record BT Pay on the phone number that is also in our database.
When you sign up your card:
- Enter the requested data (CVV or card details) only in BT Pay;
- Enter the OTP codes received from your bank only in BT Pay.
When you use the app:
- For phone payment at POS, money transfer or online payment authorization, use the method of unlocking the phone.
- For withdrawing money from the ATM (code-based or contactless), you need the method of unlocking the phone. And when you withdraw contactless money from the ATM, you also need the PIN of the card, which must be entered at the ATM.
- The security method must also be used when you want to view the card data, block / unlock the card, set transaction limits and for any operation that requires authentication.
BT24 Mobile Banking & NeoBT
- After activating one of these applications, you have access through the chosen PIN / biometric data, previously activated on the mobile device (fingerprint, Face ID).
- When we ask you for access to certain permissions, it is only for the correct operation of the application.
- After a period of inactivity, automatic disconnection occurs, also for security reasons.
- We require PIN/ fingerprint / Face ID both for transactions (payments, currency exchange, card uploads, fund purchases, deposits establishment / liquidation) and for card unlocking / blocking, limit changes, card pin reset. In the case of NeoBT, including for the collection of cardless cash at the ATM.
- If you use NeoBT, we ask you for an SMS to confirm the first 5 payments, after signing them being made with the PIN / biometric data previously activated.
- You can delete the app at any time from a device that you no longer use.
- BT24 or NeoBT cannot be installed on root or jailbreak devices.
BT Visual Help,
omni-channel platform through which customers who contact the BT call center team (0264 30 80 28) are guided to the self-banking area
- It is necessary to identify you as a BT individual client, account holder / legal representative of the legal person client holding a BT account. Therefore, for safety reasons, we ask you for these details: CNP, quality in the relationship with the bank (individual / legal person client) and CUI (for corporate clients).
- When you call us, it must be from a phone number that is in our database.
- Access to the platform is based on a secure link with temporary validity.