Online safety for entrepreneurs
If you are an entrepreneur, at BT you have many online banking solutions. But we also help you with information on how to keep your money safe.
Check your monthly transactions
Check the monthly reports of card transactions, which you receive automatically from the bank, through the requested channel (email, Mobile & Internet Banking or by mail).
Communicate to the bank any changes regarding the contact details and if you notice transactions that you do not know.
BT Pay & Digital Business Cards
BT Pay is the ideal place for digital business cards (debit, credit, BT or non-BT cards, in RON or EURO), but also for personal ones. This way you can pay contactless with your phone, you can check the balance of the cards directly from the app, you can temporarily/ permanently block a card and you can check in real time all the transactions made with the card. With BT Pay you can even group expenses by categories.
When you install the app:
- Download BT Pay only from the official App Store and Google Play Store and use only the official versions on your phone;
- Set a security measure: password, PIN, pattern, fingerprint, facial recognition, etc.
- Record BT Pay on the phone number that is also in our database.
When you sign up your card:
- Enter the requested data (CVV or card details) only in BT Pay;
- Enter the OTP codes received from your bank only in BT Pay.
When you use the app:
- For phone payment at POS, money transfer or online payment authorization, use the method of unlocking the phone.
- For withdrawing money from the ATM (code-based or contactless), you need the method of unlocking the phone. And when you withdraw contactless money from the ATM, you also need the PIN of the card, which must be entered at the ATM.
- The security method must also be used when you want to view the card data, block / unlock the card, set transaction limits and for any operation that requires authentication.
BT24 Mobile Banking & NeoBT
- After activating one of these applications, you have access through the chosen PIN / biometric data, previously activated on the mobile device (fingerprint, Face ID).
- When we ask you for access to certain permissions, it is only for the correct operation of the application.
- After a period of inactivity, automatic disconnection occurs, also for security reasons.
- We require PIN/ fingerprint / Face ID both for transactions (payments, currency exchange, card uploads, fund purchases, deposits establishment / liquidation) and for card unlocking / blocking, limit changes, card pin reset. In the case of NeoBT, including for the collection of cardless cash at the ATM.
- If you use NeoBT, we ask you for an SMS to confirm the first 5 payments, after signing them being made with the PIN / biometric data previously activated.
- You can delete the app from a device you're no longer using at any time.
- BT24 or NeoBT cannot be installed on root or jailbreak devices.
BT24 Mobile Banking & NeoBT
When you turn to BT Visual Help (0264 30 80 28) and we guide you to the self-banking area, for your safety:
- It is necessary to identify you as a BT client / legal representative of the legal person client holding a BT account. Therefore, for safety, we ask you for these details: CNP, quality in the relationship with the bank (individual / legal person client) and CUI (for corporate clients).
- When you call us, it must be from a phone number that is in our database.
- Access to the platform is based on a secure link with temporary validity.
BT Visual Help helps you with banking information and options such as:
- You check the balance, IBAN and transactions;
- Temporarily or permanently block cards;
- You request the reissue of a card after the final blocking;
- You change the trading limits with the BT card;
- You dispute a transaction made with the card - you can manage by yourself and refuse to pay certain transactions made with the physical or digital card at the ATM, POS or online;
- You generate statements of account, which will then be sent directly to your e-mail in just a few minutes;
- You can receive or send files during the call with the Call Center team, which makes it easier to solve various problems faster.
Get in touch with BT's Raul chatbot only in safe places
If you need info about your BT accounts or the products and services you use, Raul's chatbot helps you online, around the clock.
- The chatbot is on WhatsApp (0757 080 006), Facebook Messenger, Skype, but also on the BT Mic website, make sure they are the official sources of the bank.
- Keep your identification details confidential when you get in touch with the chatbot.
- If an unauthorized person has come into possession of company-identifying information (including as a result of phishing), notify the bank immediately.
- Do not share information, printscreens, etc. from/of the chatbot conversation.
Securely updates company data
If you receive from us any e-mail asking for the company data, which appears to be from BT, but you cannot see/ verify whether or not it is from one of the bank's employees, it may not be us.
However, if there is any change in the case of your company – name, field of activity, shareholding structure, you have at hand a safe, online way, namely the bank's website: Updating the data / Updating the company data.
- It is a precautionary measure regarding the safety of transactions through BT.
- It is a control measure and together we comply with the legislative provisions in force (Law no. 129/2019 and the Regulation of the National Bank of Romania no. 2/2019).
Check online if your business partners are trustworthy
Let's say a partnership is coming, but you don't know the associate very well. Before signing the commercial contract, we help you make a check through CIP Online. Basically, you can find out information about the payment incidents in the last 7 years of the account holders with cheques, bills of exchange and promissory notes. The query is conducted online directly in the Payment Incidents Central (CIP).