Safety at ATM
We have 1,800 ATMs.
of which over 550 are multifunctional, very helpful for self-banking – from cash deposits in RON and foreign currency, to currency exchange and contactless or code-based cash withdrawals.
But be on the lookout because physical cards can be cloned right at the ATM. Unfortunately, by installing electronic devices by malicious persons, the information stored on the magnetic stripe of the card can be copied. Once the information is stolen, it can be used to print cards, which the villains can use to withdraw money from the ATM or for shopping.
- Make sure that the keyboard and the slot in which you insert the card are fixed (not removable);
- Do not leave your PIN and cards in sight;
- Take care that people around do not see the PIN typed and the amount withdrawn;
- Do not accept the help of people who offer themselves out of the blue to help you when you are at ATM;
- If, by chance, you find money at the ATM, let us know immediately.
BT solutions for ATM safety:
Over 80% of our ATMs are contactless, so:
- You can withdraw money without inserting the physical card into the slot, but only by approaching the physical or digital card (from the BT Pay application) to the contactless sign on the ATM;
- You can withdraw money even if you do not have your physical card with you. Basically, from BT Pay or NeoBT you choose the card from which you want to withdraw money and you generate a unique code that you enter at the ATM.
- If you deposit money at BT Express Plus, always check not to exceed the daily deposit limit; always check the receipt to confirm the transaction to make sure that the money has reached the desired account;
- Do not leave the ATM until the withdrawal has been completed: that is, you received the money and receipt (if you requested it), and on the screen appeared the message of welcoming the next customer. Sometimes it takes longer to release the money, but please wait. Otherwise, there is a possibility that the money will be dispensed after you leave and another person will acquire it.
- Some of the ATMs are in closed spaces – either in our agencies, or in shopping centers or other institutions, therefore it is possible to have access to them only during the working time of the spaces where they are installed.
- The wrong PIN entered three times in a row locks the card in the ATM. It's not pleasant, but it's for your safety. The idea is that if someone finds your card and tries to hit your PIN, they will run out of card on the third wrong attempt to gain access to your money.