Banca Transilvania launches a first in Europe, in the BT Pay app: the virtual card with animated design
17 January 2023 Reading time 4:00 minutes
- The virtual card with animated design is a card for online payments and is issued exclusively from BT Pay.
- BT Pay also comes with other new features to help customers save money, increase their card credit limits and access their current accounts, regardless of their currency.
- One of the new features, the ability to add all current accounts opened with Banca Transilvania to the app, has transformed BT Pay from a wallet to a mobile banking app and now means a 360 experience with access to BT current accounts and cards.
- The app has a new design, with all the basic features on the main screen.
Banca Transilvania, in collaboration with Visa, launches, for the first time in Europe, the virtual card with animated design. It is a debit card, in RON, for individuals, which can be used from the BT Pay application, exclusively for online payments.
We are pleased to mark a European premiere with the animated design of our new product and to add the virtual card among the range of products offered to our customers. Having this type of card puts you in control when you shop online, allows you to better manage your budget and also be environmentally friendly. The experience is as simple as it gets: the card is issued instantly and can be used straight away, by crediting it from another BT card registered in BT Pay. The details for online payments are at your fingertips and the payment confirmation is also done via the app, declares Oana Ilaș, Deputy CEO Retail Banking, Banca Transilvania.
We are delighted to partner with Banca Transilvania to launch the virtual card with animated design. According to Visa's latest survey on mobile payments in Romania, there is a growing percentage of customers who are willing to use only the virtual card, without issuing a physical one, and who expect an enhanced user experience. At Visa, we believe that diversifying the payment methods is important and we are constantly innovating to provide to our consumers and retailers fast, convenient and secure ways to pay and get paid. Mobile payments, whether in-store or online, are among the most secure ways to pay thanks to the tokenization technology, which means replacing the card data a customer enters into a mobile wallet with a unique set of numbers, adding an extra layer of security, says Elena Ungureanu, Country Manager for Visa in Romania.
What's new in BT Pay
BT Pay has a new design, the main new feature being that both the basic and the newly launched features appear on the main screen, making access more intuitive.
New in-app features:
- Credit card limit increase: after completing the online steps, in about 10 minutes, the money is available immediately. The loan amount is up to RON 50,000, depending on the product and eligibility conditions. The increase can be made on one of the following cards: STAR Forte/Forte Medici, Star Gold/Gold BT-Rotary, BT Flying Blue Classic and Premium.
- Saving via Round-Up: with each payment at the POS or online with the BT debit card: the amount spent is rounded up to 1, 5 or 10 RON and automatically transferred to a separate savings account, for which interest of 5.25%/year is applied. If the round-up threshold is RON 10, for a payment of RON 3.5, the round-up is RON 6.5, which will be automatically transferred to the Round-Up savings account.
- Adding BT current accounts, regardless of currency: can check their balances and transaction history for the last 30 days. They can also transfer money (RON) to their own accounts or to other people and set up recurring payments.
The app can be downloaded for free from Google Play, App Store or Huawei App Gallery. Details of BT Pay features can be found on the BT website and on Intreb BT, and the new app design on the BT Blog.
23 FEBRUARY 2024
A little more
I just sent an email to you. Confirm your subscription by clicking on the link in the email.