BT will grant dividends from last year's profit with a yield of 5%
Press release 2022-04-28
The shareholders have decided the composition of the Board of Directors for the 2022 – 2026 mandate
Banca Transilvania will grant its shareholders cash dividends of 800 million lei from the profit of 1.8 billion lei obtained in 2021, following the decision of the General Meeting of Shareholders (AGA). At the AGA of April 28.c., the shareholders elected the new Board of Directors (CA) for the 2022 – 2026 term. Horia Ciorcila, founder and President of ca, received the sixth consecutive mandate.
Under the coordination of the new Board of Directors, BT targets the leading position in all segments of activity, organic growth, new acquisitions, further digitization and increasing the synergy between the companies of Banca Transilvania Financial Group.
Cash dividends for over 40,000 shareholders
- 800 million lei, representing approximately 45% of the profit of 2021, will be distributed as dividend by BT. Gross dividend / share is about 0.12 lei, equivalent to a yield of 5%. The ex-date is June 3rd.c., and the dividend payment date is June 16th.c.
- Banca Transilvania will increase its share capital by issuing 765 million shares with a face value of 1 leu, by incorporating the reserves constituted by the net profit of 2021. Approximately 12 free shares will be awarded per 100 shares held at the time of registration.
BT Board of Directors for the next four years: new mandates and two new members
- Horia Ciorcila, founder and Chairman of the Board of Directors since 2002, received his sixth consecutive mandate.
- Four CA members obtained a new mandate from the shareholders: Thomas Grasse, Ivo Gueorguiev, Mirela Bordea and Vasile Puscas. The Board of Directors also has two new members, Lucyna Stanczak-Wuczynska and Florin Predescu Vasvari.
- Under the coordination of the Board of Directors, which ends its mandate in April a.c., Banca Transilvania marked a series of remarkable results:
- It became the largest bank in Romania;
- The market share increased from 16.4% to 19.6%;
- The number of customers went from 2.8 million to 3.6 million;
- The market capitalization reached RON 16.3 billion (EUR 3.3 billion as of 31.12.2021) from RON 9.6 billion (EUR 2.1 billion as of EUR 31.12.2018);
- He acquired two other banks, Bancpost and Idea::Bank, as well as companies in other fields (leasing, consumer loans, insurance and private pensions): ERB Leasing, ERB Retail Services, Idea::Leasing, Idea::Insurance Broker and Certinvest Pensions. Also, BT and Tiriac Group have signed an agreement for the acquisition of Tiriac Leasing (January a.c.), and the completion of the transaction is currently subject to the approval of the competent authority.
BT ended 2021 with figures above the market average in terms of lending and operating volumes. The increase in the volume of operations and the reduction of the cost of risk contributed to the recording of a net profit of almost 1.8 billion lei, +48.9% compared to 2020. Bank's assets reached RON 125 billion, +21% compared to 2020, an increase generated by the ascent of lending.
Banca Transilvania has proposed for this year a net profit of 2.1 billion lei, 18% above the level of last year's gain.