Transilvania Bank's headquarters obtained the highest level of certification, BREEAM Outstanding
Press release 2022-07-27
- BT scored 88.7% on breeam certification
- The building consumes 20% less energy than the national reference
- The central headquarters of the bank has an area of 38,000 sqm and almost 1,400 offices
The headquarters of Banca Transilvania, located in Cluj-Napoca, on Calea Dorobantilor 30-36, received the BREEAM New Construction certification, the highest standard of sustainability and efficiency in the industry, with a score of 88.7% out of 100. Less than 3% of BREEAM certified buildings in the world have achieved the Outstanding standard.
The BT building is functional since January 2021, has 38,000 sqm, capacity for almost 1,400 offices, 30 meeting rooms, 8 kitchens, amphitheater, café, restaurant, underground parking for cars and bicycles, as well as a station for charging electric cars. The building was built from certified, recycled and recyclable materials.
The evaluation for certification was carried out taking into account different categories, each receiving a score: Building management, Health and well-being for employees, Energy, Transport, Water, Materials, Waste, Land use and ecology, Pollution and Innovation. The maximum score was obtained for Management and Transport.
Leontin Toderici, Deputy General Manager of Operations, Banca Transilvania, said: "The investment in the bank's new Headquarters was aimed at creating a pleasant and healthy environment for employees, as well as caring for the environment. In order to optimize the consumption of resources, we use the latest technologies, facilities and facilities".
Adrian Pop, General Manager of ADP green building, adds: "It was a complex project, and sustainability and innovation were the basis of the design theme and the concept of the building. The BT headquarters has been designed as a green building since the design stage, the BREEAM standard is used. Imthe pact on the environment and the care for health and safety conditions have been carefully monitored throughout its realization. We are proud to have been part of the team that contributed to the realization of this building, one of the most sustainable in Romania.
Details about the BT Headquarters:
- The air in the building is permanently filtered, and its quality is permanently monitored.
- Heating and cooling are carried out by a system of mass tempering of the concrete.
- The level of lighting in offices is kept constant with the help of lamps that detect the level of natural light and compensate in real time with artificial lighting. The light is based on sensors, controlled by BMS (building management system), which reduces by approximately 30% the energy requirement for lighting.
- The building consumes 20% less energy than the national reference and about 8% less energy than the BREEAM reference.
- Wood materials have FSC or similar certification and attest to their origin from sustainably exploited sources.
- In the process of selection of building materials were chosen those with environmental certifications such as EPD, BES 6.001 and ISO 14.001.
- The stored carbon footprint of the building is 1,407 kgCO2eq/sqm.
- Waste is collected selectively.
- The building is in contemporary style, with eco and tech influences – through concept, materials, colors, functionality, facilities and design. The design includes a combination of textures and materials – from concrete with the appearance of wood, to the Vistea stone. Chromatics is neutral – predominantly in gray, cream and brown.
BREEAM (Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method) is the first and most common method of assessing the sustainability of buildings, launched and managed by the Building Research Establishment in the UK.