Bucharest Community Foundation and BT launch including in the neighborhood, a financing program for projects for neighborhood communities in the capital
Press release 2021-04-22
Bucharest Community Foundation and Banca Transilvania are also launching in the neighborhood,a financing program for the development of projects designed for the neighborhood communities in the capital. There will be supported 3-5 projects with activities in education, social or for the environment. Registration in the financing program is until June 10, a.c. The total value of the program is 50,000 euros.
- They can apply non-governmental organizations, politically unaffiliated or local initiative groups that will carry out the proposed activities in one of the districts of Bucharest.
- Project proposals can be submitted onlineuntil June 10.c.
- Applications will be evaluated by an independent jury.
- The full calendar, eligibility criteria, selection details, application forms and examples of projects that can apply are available on the program's website.
- The winning projects will be announced in early July this.c.
Sergiu Mircea, Executive Director of Marketing and Communication, Banca Transilvania:
"We are delighted to launch our first program together with the Bucharest Community Foundation and we are looking forward to seeing the applications. NGOs, volunteering and entrepreneurs contribute greatly to the development of community fabric – whether it's the street we live on, the neighborhood, the city or the country. We need to build this community tissue, which increases solidarity between people. Common values keep us together and define us as a community. It's a start-up project, which we hope will help us define common values in the neighborhoods of Bucharest".
Alina Kasprovschi, Executive Director, Bucharest Community Foundation:
"And for better or for worse, the local community, the neighbors in the neighborhood can be the ones who move things for the better. We focus on neighborhoods because one of the strategic directions of involvement of the foundation is to increase the sense of belonging to the local community. We are particularly pleased to align with Banca Transilvania and to launch together the including in the neighborhood program, through which we are looking for projects of people with initiative even in the neighborhoods".