Banca Transilvania, the first bank in Romania with iso9001:2015 quality certification for card payment solutions
Press release 2021-11-25
Banca Transilvania has received ISO9001:2015 certification for card acceptance activities for payment through POS – application and assisted, unassisted and virtual payment terminals – and eCommerce activities. The certification body is SGS Romania,part of the SGS Group, a world leader in the field of inspection, verification, testing and certification.
BT is the first bank in Romania to receive such recognition for card payment solutions, following external auditing. The certification attests the quality of the POS and eCommerce services and solutions offered by the bank.
The impact of Banca Transilvania on the market of card payment solutions:
- Over 40,000 merchants and 80,000 physical locations and online stores benefit from BT's acceptance services.
- On average, every second, 13 transactions are made with the cards of Banca Transilvania.
- The volumes of card shopping transactions increased by over 42% in 2021 compared to 2020.
- 17,000 merchants are part of the STARloyalty program, designed for BT customers who have STAR shopping cards.
- Banca Transilvania has over 4.6 million cards issued.
Merchants working with Banca Transilvania have at their disposal BTePOS.ro,the online platform with solutions for payment by card, by phone or online.
BT has over 2.5 million unique digitized customers, representing 68% of active customers. These are individuals and companies that use at least one of the bank's digital solutions – applications, Internet Banking or Mobile Banking.
Banca Transilvania is the largest card issuer in Romania and the leader of the card payment solutions and card transactions market.