Banca Transilvania confirms the contribution to the recovery of the economy in 2021. Preliminary financial results as at 31 December 2021
- BT financed companies with 13.1 billion lei and individuals with 8.3 billion lei
- With almost 240,000 loans granted last year, the bank reached over 1 million loans in balance
- Banca Transilvania has over 2.7 million unique digitized customers, which represents 75% of active customers
- Card transactions increased by 35% in 2021, and the bank reached the record of 1.2 billion card transactions
- The solvency of BT without the related profit is 22.62%, and with the included profit it is 24.46%
Banca Transilvania ended 2021 with figures above the market average in terms of lending, as well as operational volumes. It has also remained a main partner in government and European programs.
BT has robust capitalization, 72% Romanian capital and almost 39,000 direct individual investors.
"In 2021, despite an unpredictable climate, we, at BT, have maintained our optimism and firm commitment to contribute to the relaunch of the Romanian economy, and today we are glad that the figures confirm our expectations. It was a year in which we financed the population and the companies, we increased the volume of operations carried out through the bank and we created value for the shareholders. Also, through the acquisition of Idea::Bank we have contributed to the consolidation of the banking system. Vom continues to invest in people, products and technology, strengthening our position on the market both through responsible organic growth and through possible acquisitions", says Horia Ciorcila, President of the Board of Directors, Banca Transilvania.
The assets of the BT Financial Group reached 132.5 billion lei at the end of last year. Loans increased up to 50.2 billion lei, and deposits reached 108 billion lei, of which 71.89 billion lei are of individual customers and 36.13 billion lei of legal entities. The net consolidated profit of the BT Financial Group is of 2,045.77 million lei, of which that of the bank, of 1,782.70 million lei. The operating profit of the bank increased to 2,257.20 million lei. The operational efficiency, which represents the cost/income ratio, was kept at the comfortable level of 48.1% due to the good management of costs and efficiency through the digitization of processes.
BT has consistently funded the population and companies
- Over 14,000 Romanians bought their home with the help of BT, the amount granted being over 3.7 billion lei. The balance of mortgage/real estate loans is 15.5 billion lei.
- Over 100,000 consumer loans, of about 4 billion lei, were granted last year. The balance of these credits reached 11.4 billion lei.
- The bank granted approximately 15,000 new loans, worth 3.7 billion lei, to over 18,000 smeµ clients. The sme loans portfolio (according to the European definition of SMEs) reached 19.2 billion lei.
- Banca Transilvania continued to be a main partner in government programs and those from European funds: through SME Invest and Agro IMM Invest, BT granted last year over 4,000 financings of over 2.6 billion lei.
- The Doctors Division doubled the volume of loans granted compared to 2020 (1.2 billion lei investments), and the financing in the field of agriculture, through APIA, exceeded 500 million lei.
BT has over 2.7 million digitized unique customers, 75% of active customers
Banca Transilvania is the market leader in the field of cards, with 4.7 million cards in its portfolio, of which over 560,000 credit cards. With over 100,000 new cards, it was the best year on credit cards.
Card transactions increased by 35% in 2021 compared to 2020. The bank has reached over 2.1 million unique cards in BT Pay, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Fitbit Pay and Garmin Pay wallets. The number of phone payments doubled in 2021 compared to 2020, reaching 68 million. Over 1 million cash withdrawals were made by phone, through BT Pay, from the ATMs of Banca Transilvania.
Other financial information
The NPL ratio is 2.71% as of December 31, 2021, and the coverage ratio with total provisions of non-performing exposures is 166%, according to eba indicator. The solvency of BT without the profit for 2021 is 22.62%, and with profit included it is 24.46%.